The Camberwell We Want to See: Thanks for Coming!
Read our post-event report
SE5 Forum’s public event The Camberwell We Want to See saw a great turnout – with 46 participants – on Thursday 8 July on Zoom.
The main session was lively with speakers and a Q&A. Speaking from Southwark Council were:
• Cllr Jason Ochere, Cabinet Member for Jobs, Business & Town Centres, talked of the importance of Camberwell town centre and the setting up of a new town centre forum (watch this space for more details),
• Matt Derry, Senior Regeneration Manager, on how engagement and consultation has worked well for the upcoming public realm design for Camberwell Station Road.
Questions covered: a walkway from Denmark Hill station to Camberwell businesses, the Camberwell Lanes development and use of materials and the Camberwell identity in designs, and how the Miah Close area on Camberwell New Road could act as a satellite to Camberwell town centre in the planning for Camberwell, amongst others.
4 break-out workshops focused in on the following and how this work can be taken forward:
• Green ways and green spaces: Susan Crisp, Friends of Burgess Park
• Reflecting Camberwell’s unique character and identity: Kelly Blaney, Camberwell
• Getting about – trains, trams & bikes: Will Reeves, SE5 Forum
• Getting buildings listed locally: Jason Leech, Camberwell Society
What came out of this meeting was:
– A town centre forum for Camberwell will be set up from August by Cllr Jason Ochere, Cabinet Member for Jobs, Business and Town Centres, with an initial 3-4 meetings planned. More details soon.
– There is demand for more communication from Southwark Council and more opportunity for discussion.
Unfortunately, a Lambeth Council representative was unable to attend and focus on those areas of SE5 that fall into the borough and on the boundary.
Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed – and to those who’d expressed an interest but were unable to make it. And a special thanks to the speakers, facilitators and reporters – Cllr Jason Ochere, Matt Derry, Susan Crisp, Kelly Blaney, Jason Leech and Ben Moxham – alongside our volunteer board members.
DOWNLOAD THE FILE BELOW:
Camberwell Green & St Giles joint ward meeting: Thursday 22 July 6.30pm
Supporting the Local Economy
Southwark Council is inviting all to a joint ward meeting of Camberwell Green & St Giles: On supporting our Local Economy.
Councillor Jason Ochere, Cabinet Member for Jobs, Business & Town Centres, will take questions together with the Local Economy Team on what the Council is doing about our local shops and businesses? How can the council support small businesses in the local neighbourhood?
Dr.Olimpia Mosteanu will also report on the key emerging findings of the research by Social Life on how people feel about the impact of Covid 19.
Please register in advance of the meeting on the enclosed link:
Zoom meeting room opens at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start. Meeting Chaired by the Community Champion: Councillor Dora Dixon-Fyle MBE Empowering Communities Programme Officer: Grace Semakulagrace.email@example.com | 020 7525 4928
Camberwell Fair looking for young creators
Do you live in Camberwell? Are you aged 18-25? Are you an aspiring or emerging #podcaster#filmmaker#animator or #photographer? If you are passionate about new music & #Camberwell ’s creative culture then we want to hear from you Places limited https://bit.ly/2UR0kqP
SE5 Forum Market Stall
Visit our market stall this Saturday 10-2 on Camberwell Green
This Saturday, we’ve invited local artist/designer Corinne Alexander to share our community stall at the farmer’s market. Corinne’s designs will be on sale at the stall: www.CorinneAlexander.co.uk.
Also at the farmers’ market this Saturday is last visit from Herbal Haven, with 150 culinary and medicinal herbs, along with the organic bread, rare meat and other stalls.
We’re always looking for volunteers to help on the stall – setting up and down or helping on the stall. If you’re interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to find the latest information on vaccination, testing, support when self-isolating and restrictions:
In Lambeth: Coronavirus (Covid-19) public health advice and current restrictions | Lambeth Council
In Southwark: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Southwark Council
In South East London Boroughs, including Lambeth and Southwark: COVID-19 – South East London CCG (selondonccg.nhs.uk) and for the latest vaccination pop-up clinics click here
Government: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NHS (www.nhs.uk)