We are are delighted to invite you to come along to our next SE5 Forum AGM public meeting and discussion. There will be key speakers covering developments and issues in the town centre and beyond for residents and businesses. Plus: we will be holding our board elections and are looking for new board members who want to contribute in any way to our area.
SE5 FORUM AGM 2022
HOW CAN CAMBERWELL SURVIVE AND THRIVE?
Wednesday 5 October, 6.30-8.15pm
In-person at United Reformed Church, Love Walk SE5 7AE
or on Zoom
This year’s AGM focuses on:
How can Camberwell survive and thrive?
There will be key speakers covering developments and issues in the town centre and beyond for residents and businesses.
- Kieron Williams, Camberwell Green councillor + Southwark Council Leader
- Stephen Lovejoy, Urban Planner – on the Character of Camberwell study
- Jordan Leighton on the High Street Recovery Fund and supporting local Camberwell businesses
- SE5 Forum board member Tony Jones on tackling graffiti and street clutter and cleaning up the town centrer
- Peter Babadu, ex-Southwark Councillor and standing as an MP for Camberwell & Peckham on his Camberwell survey
- Councillor Donatus Anyanwu, Cabinet Member for Stronger Communities, Lambeth Council
We will also look at what SE5 Forum is achieving with local partners including:
• Six to Fix campaign to clear rubbish, graffiti and street clutter.
• Feel Good Festival on Camberwell Green.
• Community Kitchens working with food banks and pantries.
• Love Local – promoting local businesses, the high street and the market.
• Trees & Green Spaces – tree planting, green walks & Ruskin Park tree film.
• Transport – campaigning for buses, trams, cycles and Camberwell station.
• Identity – shop front murals, more banners and the new Wyndham Road mural.
We look forward to seeing you there and hearing your views on how we can help Camberwell thrive in the coming years.
To attend in-person, please register on Eventbrite here
To attend on Zoom, please register on Eventbrite here
You can watch the speakers and discussion and post questions in the Chat.
Would you like to become an SE5 Forum board member?
As always, we will be holding our board elections at the AGM and we welcome new members to join our Board! An invitation to new members and information on what’s involved is HERE.
Last year, new board member Shazna Choudhry wanted to focus on the health and wellbeing of all the community and set up our fantastic summer Wellbeing Festival on the green.
We would love to recruit some more members from BAME backgrounds as well as younger members, too, to increase the age and ethnic diversity of our board.
If you’d like to have an input in your local area or just want to find out more about SE5 Forum, please contact us on email@example.com to express an interest or discuss further. The deadline for nominations is 21 September 2022.
GET THE BOARD INVITATION HERE
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER BELOW as pdf