The first bookstall of 2018 is on tomorrow!
As always there will be a great selection of books, cds and DVDs, as well as delicious homemade cakes, Fairtrade coffee and good company.
The money raised can help people who have lost their home and country, and often friends and family as well.
The supporters are very generous and it is good to be involved in something positive which helps others, so why not pop along?
You might find that elisive, ideal early stock filler as Christmas gets closer and closer.
Doors open at 10.30 am & the event continues until 12.30 pm.
Due to the impending “Storm Brian” due tomorrow, the SE5 Forum stall at The Farmer’s Market on Camberwell Green will not be present.
If “Storm Brian” decides to take a different route, then the team will evaluate in the morning, so watch this space….!
Public Consultation on Police Front Office closures
Don’t forget to HAVE YOUR SAY in the Public Consultation on Police Front Office closures. Deadline for responses is 5:30pm on Friday 6 October 2017.
1. You can visit the website at www.london.gov.uk/public– access and see the draft strategy & online survey; or
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. uk; or
3. Write to: Public Access Consultation, MOPAC, City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2AA.
Please note that this applies borough-wide.
London Welcome Project
The London Welcome Project is a social centre for refugees and asylum seekers, who are hosting a fundraiser quiz and raffle at the Crooked Well on 18th October.
The Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1927275777594640/?ti=icl
Help out at the Harvest Festival – Myatt’s Park
We need a hand at our Harvest Festival, 2-6pm Sunday 24 September, setting up marquees, stewarding, litter picking and baking cakes for the cake stall.
Contact Tori email@example.com. Great music, nature-inspired fun and lovely food – including our famour bake off. Bring your entry to the cake stall by 2.30pm.
Vote for Myatt’s Park
Please support the park by voting in the Green Flag Awards People’s Choice and help by spreading the word to all your friends, family and fellow park fans.
It only takes one click to and you don’t need to register. But be quick – voting closes 30 September.
Governance Made Easy (Lambeth)
Spend an invigorating half-day getting up to date with the roles and responsibilities of those in governance/trustee positions.
Community Southwark workshops are ideal for those new to trusteeship or simply looking for a refresher. Using games, exercises, peer learning and lectures, we provide the key information and space to think about the key governance issues affecting your organisation.
We will explore roles and responsibilities, duties and liabilities, the Code of Good Governance and where to get quick support.
By the end of the course, you will be able to up-date the rest of your board and carry out your duties with confidence.
Date and Time
Thu 12 October 2017, 10:00 – 15:00 BST
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
• Trustees/Management Committee members of charities and charitable incorporated organisations or charitable companies
• Those wishing to become trustees/management committee members
• Staff members who support trustees/management committee members
• What is a trustee/management committee member
• What is Governance
• Who can be a trustee management committee member
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Duties of trustees/management committee members
• Liabilities and risk
• Code of Good Governance
• Further support
On completion of this Governance Made Easy workshop participants will be able to:
• Identify and explain their role as Trustees within the sector
• Identify legal and best practice trustee responsibilities
• Describe the boundaries between staff and trustees, operational and strategic
• Demonstrate an understanding of conflict of interest, conflict management and the difference between personal and organisational views
• Demonstrate a greater confidence in their ability to be an effective trustee
FREE to groups based in and/or working in the Borough of Lambeth
Please note that there is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
Please see Terms and Conditions before booking your place
What is included?
• Course Workbook
• Certificate of training course attendance if required
Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call 020 7358 7020.
Community Southwark, Development Team
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.