Dear SE5 Forum Members
On our first ‘real’ day back I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and all good wishes for a peaceful and prosperous 2018.
It is the board’s intention this year to review recent work and map out plans to focus our energies in a clear and transparent manner informed by our constitution.
With this in mind I thought it might be helpful here to share with you our aims and objectives as enshrined in our constitution.
- To promote the development and improvement of Camberwell
- To raise the profile of Camberwell as a place in which people can live and work.
- To provide a cross-borough forum in which residents, organisations, groups and service providers can share expertise and information and work together in Camberwell SE5 to improve the local area.
- To encourage service providers in Lambeth and Southwark to work more closely together, better co-ordinate their activities and increase funding for SE5.
- To act as a representative consultative body for the local are
- To secure additional resources and funding in order to address these aims.
- In furtherance of these aims, the Forum will:
- Co-ordinate regular meetings of Forum members.
- Identify issues of local concern that affect the quality of local life.
- Prioritise these issues and seek ways, together with partner agencies, to address them.
- Celebrate and support the area’s diverse community with full regard to age, ethnic origin, religion, sex or disability by facilitating communications and networks.
We are ambitious for Camberwell which is defined as the postal district of SE5 that lies across the boundary between the London Boroughs of Southwark and Lambeth.
We look to you to help by sharing information and expertise so if you have ideas or information that could help improve Camberwell I look forward to hearing from you.
Let us all work together to make 2018 the best year yet for Camberwell!
With all good wishes
SE5 Forum for Camberwell
Working for a Better Camberwell
020 7274 8045
07758 449 162