Camberwell Business Network – Engagement Officer
Are you well-organised, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? Have an interest in helping businesses in Camberwell come together?
The Camberwell Business Network (CBN) needs an Engagement Officer to:
– engage with local businesses and create a database of business contacts
– build and maintain social media presence
– research and compile informative and interesting topics for the CBN e-newsletter and distribute it to database.
– coordinate outreach events, including finding a venue, arranging catering, managing the budget, booking relevant speakers and inviting attendees.
– produce progress reports in line with grant requirements.
This is a 52-week contract on a self-employed basis for approximately 5 hours per week, paid at £14.50 per hour.
For a full role description, please see below or download the PDF here: Camberwell Business Network role description
To apply, please submit by email your CV, including two referees, and a short cover letter/email by 5pm, Friday 22 June 2018 to: email@example.com
The SE5 Forum for Camberwell is a grassroots, non-political umbrella organisation that exists to work for the improvement of Camberwell to benefit all members of our diverse community. The SE5 Forum is supporting the Camberwell Business Network with the help of a grant from Southwark Council.
Camberwell Business Network – Engagement Officer – Role Description
To support the work of the Camberwell Business Network (CBN).
To engage with local businesses, and create and maintain a database of business contacts. To research informative and interesting topics for the e-newsletter, and distribute to the database, and build and maintain a social media presence.
To coordinate business outreach events; including finding a venue, arranging catering, managing the budget, booking relevant speakers and inviting attendees.
To produce progress reports based on the engagement activity.
To liaise with the Chair, CBN members and with the SE5 Forum as required.
- Carry out face-to-face engagement with local businesses to carry out a survey and capture contact information
- Carry out telephone engagement with local businesses to carry out a survey and capture contact information
- Maintain a database of local businesses with up-to-date contact information
- Build and maintain a social media presence, including CBN Facebook, as required
- Research relevant content for the e-newsletter
- Compile and send out the e-newsletter to the database
- Arrange business outreach events, including finding venues, catering, speakers and inviting attendees
- Write progress report
- Support the Camberwell Business Network as required
- Abide by the conditions of the grant for this project set by the funder Southwark Council, e.g. political impartiality
Good interpersonal skills Can-do attitude Flexibility
Skills and experience
Skilled in IT and social media
Strong written and verbal communication
That the applicant lives/works locally – ideally in Camberwell
Relevant experience, e.g. working with local businesses, surveys, communications
Paid on an hourly rate at £14.50 per hour
Hours are not guaranteed, or fixed, but are typically 5 hours per week The contract is for 52 weeks
To apply, please email your CV including two referees and a short cover letter/email to arrive by 5pm, Friday 22 June 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org