Celebrate – England: Funding – Big Lottery Fund
Six out of ten people surveyed* say they cannot remember ever coming together to celebrate with their community. The Big Lottery Fund wants to help change this with our Celebrate! programme.
We are offering grants of between £300 and £10,000 for groups to hold one off events or activities which celebrate their local community.
You could celebrate something from your community’s history or a local hero. Or maybe it’s a chance to bring people together to get to know their neighbours better.
You can apply if you are a:
· voluntary or community organisation with a constitution and bank account
· statutory body.
We are especially keen to receive applications from groups who have not applied to us before.
You will also need to show that your project is open to everyone in your local community.
We will give higher priority to applications from:
· projects which demonstrate communities coming together to celebrate and share their diverse cultures
· projects which actively bring different generations together.
We will fund activities that bring people together to celebrate their local community.
In your application we would like to know
· how the project will bring people together in the community to celebrate.
· why the activity is something your local community wants and how you can demonstrate it is led by the people within it.
Eligibility checker at link: https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/celebrateengland
Disclaimers apply for full details see http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/EmailDisclaimer.htm